IRCTC registration is very simple. If you are new to online train ticket booking experience then you need an IRCTC account to book tickets. You can create new IRCTC account with very simple steps given below. Make note while IRCTC new registration that only a single account is authorized by IRCTC. Therefore only maintain and create one new account. Also provide correct information otherwise your account will be removed. Having an online ticketing account is very beneficial, it will save your time and it will help you to book tickets as per your requirements quickly. With a IRCTC account you can check seat availability in a train, cancel your ticket and check you passed booked ticket history and also can file an online TDR. Every one should have an online ticketing account.
Steps to IRCTC new account Registration:
- IRCTC registration is not allowed between 7AM to 11 AM.
- Go to www.irctc.co.in . IRCTC Registration form will open.
- You will find mainly four sections on IRCTC registration form. These sections are account and personal details, Address Details, Other Services and Word Verification section.
New IRCTC Registration Form
- Be careful, garbage and junk values in your account may lead to deactivation of your account. Therefore always keep your account updated with correct details and also provide correct details during account creation process.
- Please use a valid E-Mail ID and mobile number in IRCTC registration form. Because your user id, password and an activation link will be sent to your registered E-Mail id and mobile verification code will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now start filling up the IRCTC registration form, the fields marked with red star are mandatory to fill but you can skip the fields which are not marked with red star.
- Select a username for your account. Your username should be between 3 to 10 characters. Click on Check Availability link to check the username you have selected for your account is available or not. If not available then try a different username. Always remember your username because you always need it to log in to your account.
- Now enter details in IRCTC registration form as required by Indian Railways Catering and Tourism corporation to identify and verify you when you forget your account password and request for a new one. Also enter your personal details.
- Enter your proper address details, it is very important when you book I-ticket through IRCTC account. Because Indian Railways Catering and Tourism corporation send tickets by courier to the address you provide. Although you can provide a different address at the time of train ticket booking but it will help you to book ticket faster at the time of Tatkal ticket booking. If you have a correct address in your IRCTC account, you can use it on a click of button instead of entering it again and again each time when you book ticket.
- In Other Services section of the IRCTC registration form you can subscribe to special offers and commercial, promotions and newsletters through email or SMS on mobile. This is optional and you can click on 'No' option to unsubscribe.
- Enter the verification code as given in the image. If you are unable to read it properly you can use refresh button on IRCTC new registration form to get a new code.
- Click on submit button of IRCTC registration form to complete the account registration process. You can also use the reset button to clear the form so that you can enter all the details again, if required.
- After clicking on submit button a pop up will appear as follows, If the entered email id and mobile number are correct click OK button to proceed further steps of IRCTC new registration.
- You will be presented with a terms and condition page click on Accept button to continue the new registration process.
- Once you accept terms and condition a registration completion message will be presented, accept the terms and conditions displayed to you.
- Now check your email account and mobile that you have provided in IRCTC registration form to verify them.
- Click on the activation link received through e-mail or log in to IRCTC website through the user id and password received through e-mail.
- Enter your mobile verification code received through SMS and click on submit button to activate your new account. To get the mobile verification code if you have not received it earlier click on first Click Here link. To update your registered mobile number if you entered wrong mobile number at the time of registration click on second Click Here link.
- If you received multiple messages with different mobile verification codes, the recent verification code has to be used to activate your account.
Congratulations, your IRCTC new account is ready and now you can log in to your IRCTC account and book ticket from home and office instead of standing in long ques at reservation counter. Online ticket booking is very safe as IRCTC website provide all security to your personal data and booking payment transaction. So you can book tickets without any fear. An IRCTC account is much helpful to book Tatkal Tickets. booking Tatkal tickets on counter is very difficult. But an online ticket booking account you can book tickets as soon as Tatkal timings start. So enjoy online ticketing.