IRCTC login process on the new website and the IRCTC app becomes difficult most of the time. Users are not able to login the wwww.irctc.co.in website many times. It is also growing because of the rail tickets are booked by more people joining the website of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
IRCTC account login becomes more problematic during vacation time when most of the people plan for the travel packages. The online train ticket booking in India started with just 29 tickets booked on the first day and now Lakhs of people are using it daily.
The number of users is increasing day by day because of the increase in the accessibility to the Internet in India. For people who never booked tickets online, it is a very simple process. Users can access their account for ticket booking and train inquiry very conveniently.
A user has to open the www.irctc.co.in and then enter the username and password and click the Login button, and that's all. But sometimes users face the issue of login in the IRCTC website. Such kind of issues and problems are covered in this post. This post will help you to identify your issue and resolve it. You can also share it to help others.
Table of Contents
- IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System
- About IRCTC login page
- IRCTC new login Process
- Solutions to irctc.co.in login problems
- IRCTC Registration
- IRCTC login for train timings
- IRCTC Login for Mobile
- IRCTC App
IRCTC Next Generation Login
IRCTC has its own online ticket booking system. And recently updated it and named it the Next Generation system. The new system is faster than the older system and can handle more users accessing the website at the same time. The new system was accessible at https://nget.irctc.co.in when launched. But now moved to the main address https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search
Also Read: IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing System
About IRCTC new login Page
It is a simple process. A login page available at the IRCTC website to login to your IRCTC account. For IRCTC next-generation login create a new account. Because only registered users allowed to access it. If you don't have an account, create a new IRCTC account. IRCTC sign in is a process to access the secure pages of the IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in. These secure pages include the "Plan my travel" page "Tatkal booking" page etc.
For account IRCTC train login you need a login id and a password. To get, login id and password you need to create an account.
|Login section on IRCTC Login Page|
The IRCTC login page is accessible, all the time and thus you can log in to your account at any time. It is not easy to log in to an IRCTC account during the Tatkal reservation hours. Thus avoid account Indian Railway login during the Tatkal booking timing.
To book Tatkal tickets a high-speed internet connection is necessary. It will help you to book a Tatkal ticket fast and without any problem. Also, it is faster and easy to book tickets on the IRCTC mobile website and apps.
Check more Tatkal ticket booking tips.
You can also log in to your account to plan travel, check train timing. Also, you can check the PNR status of your booked tickets and seat availability on your desired train.
IRCTC New Website Login Process
But the new website is fast and the new IRCTC nextgen login form is accessible all the time for ticket booking. Now the new login form looks like the below form.
|IRCTC Next Generation Login New Page|
How to log into NGET eTicketing System
- The next-generation e-ticketing system of IRCTC is also available on the same URL www.irctc.co.in.
- Open your web browser and type www.irctc.co.in in the URL box and submit it will redirect you to https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search
- You will find an IRCTC new login page. Now look for the login Menu button like below. You will find it in the top right corner of the website.
- When you click the login menu button a sidebar menu will open like in the picture below. Now click on the "LOGIN" text.
- Now a login box will open in the middle of the website like the picture below.
- Type your registered user id in the user id field.
- Next, you have to enter your password associated with the User Id you have entered above. Be Careful in typing your password. And if you have forgotten the password. Then you can get the new one by clicking on forget password link on the IRCTC login page. You have to provide some details to get a new password. The user who is not able to log in to the new website should reset their password and then try again, you will be able to log in to your IRCT account.
- Now the new thing the Captcha entry. Now you have to type a given set of characters in the Captcha field. These sets of characters are randomly generated. And every user gets a different set of characters. If you have a problem with reading the characters you can press the refresh button. Given along with the captcha characters to get a new set of characters. The captcha field allows only real human users to log in to the IRCTC new login page.
- Once you enter your user id, password and captcha, verify the details yourself. And if everything is correct then press the login button.
|New User ID|
|New Password option|
|New Login Button|
New users can get user id and password by new IRCTC account registration. The Sign-Up link provided on the IRCTC new login page.
Once you log in to your account, you can start booking tickets.
There is no particular IRCTC login time to access the services of IRCTC. You can log in at any time and book a ticket. But the time from 9 AM to 12 Noon is the peak time to access the website. During this period many users try to log in from all over India to book Tatkal tickets. So the server is quite busy, and you may face problem to log in. Usually, you will get a 'session expired' error message.
Also, it's mandatory to maintain correct and updated information in your IRCTC account.
I also have an account with the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation website. And always book tickets online, it is quick and easy to book tickets on the website. But it is a bit difficult to log in to it during Tatkal booking timings. We can always contact the customer care if there is any problem with the IRCTC login.
Solutions to IRCTC Login ProblemsLogin problems are usual. As there is huge traffic to the servers of the website during morning hours. Especially during Tatkal timings. There may be other reasons also that may prevent you from logging in to your account. Below is an attempt to list out the reasons which may be causing the problem along with its solution.
If you are facing the IRCTC Login problem to log in then you can follow these steps to log in to your IRCTC account.
- Always check that you logged in to the secured IRCTC login page https://www.irctc.co.in.
- Always remember your username and password.
- You can IRCTC login reset password but you can't reset or request your username from IRCTC. If you have forgotten IRCTC login id then you can recover it from your email account by checking the oldest email received from "firstname.lastname@example.org". It is the very first email sent to you after successful account registration. If you can not find that email from IRCTC then the second method is to fill the account registration form once again with the same email id. In this case, the IRCTC will not allow you to register a new account with the same email id but will show you the username linked to your email.
- Always maintain a single account. It will help you to remember the correct username and password all the time. And also maintaining many IRCTC accounts is against terms and conditions.
- Enter your correct username and password.
- Both username and password are mandatory fields, so always check if you are not missing one of them. Most of the time it happens that the password gets typed in the username field. Which is very unsecured as anyone can see your password who is watching you while logging in to the website.
- Always check. The case of the characters and special characters used in the password typed are correct.
- If you have forgotten your password. Then you can reset it if you know the username, click on forgot password link. Provide your correct username then click the proceed button. A security question asked to you, answer it to get reset password emailed to you.
|Forgot Password section on IRCTC login page|
How to check if www.irctc.co.in is workingIf the website irctc.co.in not working then you can check IRCTC down status by clicking on the button
And if the site is up but you can't access the page, try one of the following solutions:
- Force a full refresh of the IRCTC website. You can do this by pressing CTRL + F5 keys at the same time on your favorite browser (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.)
- Clear the temporary cache and cookies on your browser. To make sure that you have the most recent version of the IRCTC website.
Contact IRCTC Customer CareOtherwise, you can contact IRCTC Customer Care 011-3934 0000 and explain your problem. Also, you can send an email to email@example.com from your IRCTC registered email id. Explain the problem but always include the following details in your email.
- User Id (IRCTC User Id):
- Name (as given in your IRCTC account)
- Address (as given in your account)
- Date of Birth (as given in your account)
- Mobile number (as given in your account)
- Email Id (as given in your IRCTC account)
IRCTC Account Login Registration ProcessTo log to the website you must have a valid account with IRCTC. If you don't have an account then you can open a new account by clicking on the sign-up link provided in the Indian Railway login form. It is very easy to create a new account. It will help you to book and cancel train tickets online faster. If you don’t have an IRCTC account login registration and new to the online ticket booking system. Then follow the instructions provided for IRCTC registration. And start booking a ticket online from your home, office or any place where you have access to the internet.
Also if online ticket booking is a new experience for you then the following is very helpful.
First of all, you need an account to start booking tickets. Because to book tickets, IRCTC needs to authenticate you and manage your details.
It helps IRCTC to provide the details like:
- Ticket booking history,
- Details about plan your journey,
- Refunds for cancel tickets,
- Details of the failed transaction,
- e-wallet account details etc.
- A valid email id,
- Mobile number,
- A unique user id and
- A secure password.
Ticket booking process explainedYou can book E-ticket, I-Ticket (Discontinued from 1st of March 2018) and Tatkal ticket with. There is a difference between these three types of tickets. When you book an e-ticket online, it is not sent to your address but instead provided on your email and mobile. An I-ticket booking requires your address at which it sent to you. The Indian Railways had to send I-tickets at the address you provides. And through a standard courier service. But I-Ticket booking discontinued from 1st of March 2018 by IRCTC. The Tatkal tickets booked on urgent need, one day before the train’s departure. You have to pay extra ticket booking charges for Tatkal ticket booking.
- E-Ticket booking: Follow the steps to book E-Ticket.
- Tatkal ticket booking: Follow the steps to book Tatkal Ticket.
Ticket Cancellation processEven you have the option to cancel your tickets online. You can cancel only those tickets which you have booked through your account. Now tickets booked through the counter window canceled through your account online. You can follow these steps to cancel E-Ticket.
On your railway ticket cancellation. The refund will process as per the Indian railway guidelines. After deducting the train ticket cancellation charges money refunded to the user. Once your ticket gets booked. Then knowledge of how to check PNR status and how to spot your train is an advantage for you.
How to check PNR statusWith Ticket PNR number you can check your reservation status if you are not able to book a confirmed ticket. What is PNR, where to check it, Tips to check PNR status and the more useful information is provided here
How to spot your train live running statusYou can even spot your train’s location and plan your railway station visit. It is very helpful for the passengers and relatives of passengers. The more information about detailed tips to spot your train. Once you have your account and understand the complete Indian Railway Login process. You can book tickets from the comfort of your home. You can use IRCTC Login mobile application to access your account for ticket booking. Ticket booking through IRCTC mobile application is faster.
IRCTC Login for Train Timings
IRCTC Login Mobile
Steps for booking Railway Reserved Ticket on IRCTC website from browser-enabled mobile phones:
- To IRCTC login for mobile, open https://www.irctc.co.in/ instead of https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile in your browser. The mobile website URL discontinued by IRCTC.
- Enter your existing IRCTC user id and password.
- Click on Book Ticket and fill in details for plan my travel.
- Select your train and continue the ticket booking.
- Select a passenger from the existing passengers' list. Or add passengers who travel along with you.
Users can download the IRCTC mobile app on the mobile phone and make a login on mobile to book tickets on the go. It is more comfortable to book tickets on mobile. Booking tickets on mobile are also safe. Download only the official app of IRCTC and not other IRCTC login related software. The official app is available on Google Play for Android mobiles.